Two time world champion Chumpy Pullin is a gold medal favourite for boarder cross at Sochi on February 17. Here’s what you don’t know about him.
Alex Chumpy Pullin has something to prove on the boarder cross course tomorrow. After qualifying fastest in Vancouver 2010 and crashing out in the first quarter final heat he is hungry for an Olympic podium and we think he may just get one.
While we count down the hours to see him in action here’s ten things you may not know about Chumpy, our Olympic boarder cross favourite.
1. He once dated Bulgarian boarder cross athlete Alexandra Jekova whose father, Viktor is now Chumpy’s race technician
2. He fronts a reggae band called Love Charli
3. He is off the shelf and regularly declares his love for Sydney model Ellidy Vlug by posing on instagram
4. He was one of Cleo’s 50 most eligible bachelors in 2013
5. He was given the keys to the town of Mansfield (where he grew up) in 2011 when he won his first World Championship
6. He was regularly home schooled on a yacht as a kid when his parents went ocean wandering for months at a time
7. He grew up living above the family ski and snowboard shop in Mansfield Victoria
8. He started his snowsports career as a skier, aged three
9. He was chosen as one of the models for Marcs ICON fashion collection in 2011
10. His sister, Emma Pullin, is a talented artist and photographer
Read more on Chumpy at the Australian Olympic Committee’s Sochi site.
Will you be cheering Alex Chumpy Pullin and his team mates Cam Bolton and Jarryd Hughes on in Sochi?
Join our Facebook chat and follow us on Twitter @misssnowitall